About Me

I am stay at home mom with two kids on the autism spectrum. I love to scrapbook and have been doing it for well over 15 years. I am enjoying designing my own cutting files now that I own a KNK.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Where have I been???


Sorry for the silence. Rachel and I both had the flu. This was so unfun and will take this moment to remind all of you to get your flu shots now.

I have been given a new moniker as a mother of an autistic child. Some of us are now known as "warrior moms" for our unwavioring strength to move our children in the forward direction. Well, it has never been more true as when I am now working with Rachel's therapists to teach her how to cook! We don't eat anything from a can, box, or premade bag, so all cooking is done with fresh foods. This means that Rachel is learning to finely chop veggies like onions, or work with raw meat/fish. You wouldn't think this would be so hard, but each movement is done mostly "hand over hand" meaning my hand is on top of hers at all times. Dinner now takes an hour and a half to prepare. By the end of it, I am nearly too tired to eat! It will get better, as all things do with her, but I just hope I live to tell the tail! Here is a picture of Rachel with on of her dinners: New potatoes with herbs, garlic and oninions, rock fish with a ginger lime butter sauce, fresh green beans and a fresh mozzerlla salad with tomatoes from our garden. She may not look like she is smiling, but that is her "picture taking face" which I would LOVE to change!


Based on all of this, my designing as been left to the back burner. I will get back to business soon as my world gets less crazy. Until then, the ideas are just building up in my head!

Remember your life in pictures; scrapbook!
Kitty
See my new designs at VDBC website here:

No comments:

Post a Comment